By Teresa A. Meade,Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks
- An huge survey of the heritage of ladies all over the world, their interplay with males, and the function of gender in shaping human habit over hundreds of thousands of years.
- Discusses relatives historical past, the background of the physique and sexuality, and cultural historical past along women’s heritage and gender history.
- Considers the significance of sophistication, quarter, ethnicity, race and faith to the formation of gendered societies.
- Contains either thematic essays and chronological-geographic essays.
- Gives due weight to pre-history and the pre-modern period in addition to to the fashionable era.
- Written by way of students from around the English-speaking global and students for whom English isn't their first language.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Gender History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar historical reference books
Now to be had in English for the 1st time, Gunpowder and Incense (translated from the Spanish l. a. Pólvora y el Incienso) chronicles the position of the Church in Spanish politics, taking a look particularly on the Spanish Civil warfare. in contrast to such a lot books at the topic, Hilari Raguer seems to be past the normal clarification that the battle used to be basically a spiritual fight.
Within the past due eighteenth and early-nineteenth centuries, revolutions remodeled the British, French, and Spanish Atlantic worlds. in this time, colonial and indigenous humans rioted and rebelled opposed to their occupiers in violent pursuit of political liberty and fiscal chance, difficult known social and political constructions on either side of the Atlantic.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Geschichte Europa - and. Länder - Neuzeit, Absolutismus, Industrialisierung, observe: 1,7, Technische Universität Dresden (Technik- und Technikwissenschaftsgeschichte), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Eine Hausarbeit mit dem Ziel der Untersuchung der Holznot im 18.
The formative interval of the us, operating approximately from 1789 to 1829, has develop into distant and maybe overly idealized. whereas the administrations of George Washington, John Adams, James Madison, James Monroe and John Quincy Adams set the rustic at the route to modernity by means of resolving a few nagging difficulties left over from the Revolution, they did not get to the bottom of many an important matters, equivalent to slavery, the remedy of local americans, and the implications of commercial improvement.
- Painting and Finishing Techniques (Osprey Modelling)
- The Nile: An Encyclopedia of Geography, History, and Culture
- Galula in Algeria: Counterinsurgency Practice versus Theory (Praeger Security International)
- Schulbuchentwicklung der DDR im Langzeitvergleich anhand der deutschen Frage (German Edition)
- Contemporánea (El Libro Universitario - Manuales) (Spanish Edition)
- Die "Peasants' Revolt" von 1381. Bauernaufstände als Teil einer Gesamtkrise? (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Gender History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to Gender History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Teresa A. Meade,Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks